Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Subbing

I finally got a call to sub this past week... Praise the Lord!! I've been waiting to be called to work, and it finally happened!! I subbed twice this past week and had a great time both days. On Thursday, I was a 1st grade teacher... so fun! For those of you who know my last name, you probably know that it is a challenge to figure out how to pronounce it from the spelling. Try that with 1st graders!! So, I wrote my name on the board and had them say it after me twice. I hoped that would help them remember it, but alas by the end of the day I was being called "Mrs. Fog." So CUTE!! My favorite incident from the day was when one of the little girls game up to my, tapped my arm, and said in a very downcast voice "Mrs. Fog... (pointing to another girl) that girl isn't my friend anymore." I told her I was sorry and couldn't help but laugh on the inside. This actually happened twice with two different girls. Of course they were all still friends as just moments later they were talking and laughing again. Remember the days when you said you weren't friends with someone anymore and 2 minutes later you were best friends? Love it!

No comments: