Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

"Where the Nails Were"

I currently am doing a Kay Arthur Precept Bible Study on the Covenant. To make what could be an extended post shorter, I will just tell you that I am learning about God's faithfulness in keeping His covenant relationship with His children. I am going to bounce back'n'forth a little bit so bear with me...

Our choir is starting to prepare our musical for Easter. The musical itself is called Raise the Crown. There is one verse of one song in particular that I cannot seem to get out of my head. Probably because the lyrics of this particular verse apply so much to everyday living. So as I was doing my bible study this morning, I was reminded of God's faithfulness in protecting us believers because He has promised to. As I was reflecting on this promise, I was reminded that none of it would have been possible without Jesus Christ's work on the cross. It is only because God sent his very son to die in my place, and shed blood for my sins that I am able to be part of this covenant relationship with God. This is what brought the lyrics of our one choir song to mind. May we strive to never take for granted what Jesus Christ did; and may we strive to never take for granted the love of God that he would make such a sacrifice--all for having a personal relationship with sinners who are so unworthy of His love and grace. But because of that love and grace, we are privileged to have that relationship and should always be living in light of the cross.

Here is that verse... I hope it is an encouragement to you!!

At times I am tempted to overlook your grace
Thinking I'm worth the love You've given.
I walk like I'm earning the right to run the race
Somehow forgetting you died in my place.
Still it isn't long before I've stumbled
One look at the cross and I am humbled.

It should have been my hands where the nails were
It should have been my feet where the nails were
It should have been my side that was opened,
my heart that was broken.
It should have been.

No comments: