Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A little vinegar anyone?

I thought I'd try to capture your attention with this post, and since last time I posted something in the same category I got a big response, I thought I would try again :) Yes, along came a spider that sat down beside her. Well, it didn't really sit down beside me, but here's the story. I was working in our church reception office yesterday when I saw this strange very large spider/bug looking thing. I calmly exited the room and waited for a few of the office staff to finish their conversation. Then I calmly said "so do any of you like spiders?" to which the office manager, Jo, replied "I'll kill it!" I showed them where it was and she said "Oh, that's a vinegaroon." I had heard of these spiders, but fortunately had yet to see one. Unfortunately, I had my first sighting. :( These spiders are like a cross betweena spider and a scorpion (because just plain ol' spiders aren't bad enough, they need to be crossed with another terrifying creature). From what I understand, though I don't know how accurate this is, if you are bit by one of these spiders, everything you eat for a period of days tastes like vinegar. This just seems all around horrible to me. Well, to ease your curiosity, here is the picture of what they look like. This wasn't the actual one I saw, just a picture I found on google. Enjoy???

1 comment:

ALWAYS BOARD said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Okay, okay, okay... I am completely horrified of the desert now! What a vile and wretched creature!! I'm sure those things are in hell.

I'll probably have nightmares tonight, thank you!

Hope that was enough of a response for you! ;)