Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Consequences of My Name

I really love substitute teaching. Since I've been married and had my name changed to something weird like "Fogde" most of my funny stories about subbing come about as a result of the kids trying to say my name. They are hilarious! Last week, I subbed in a 2nd grade class (I will be in the same class tomorrow!!) where one of the kids called me "Mrs. Frogdie" I know he's only in 2nd grade, but I'm sure he could tell there was no R in my name. My other favorite was subbing in the Kindergarten class :) I didn't even try to have them say or remember my name. These kids are still learning their letters... ain't no way they will remember how to say my name. I wrote "Mrs. F" on the whiteboard and told them to call me Mrs. F. Even that was a little much as I was called everything from Mrs. A to Mrs. Z... no kidding!! I suppose we'll see if any of the kids tomorrow remember my name, and if they remember how to say it. I don't have high hopes or expectations.

1 comment:

Nathan S Board said...

Haha! That is soooo funny. Great storytelling Lela.