Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

We've Conformed

Nintendo Wii has been out of stock since around Christmas, I think. We weren't really in the market for one until just a few days before New Years. We hung out with our friends the Shimok's and played their wii. It was so fun!!! After that, we discussed purchasing a wii as "happy birthday to us" in place of birthday presents for each other. We were in a bit of a dilema, though as no one had any wii's in stock. Well... that was all about to change on January 22nd.

We heard from someone at church that Toys'R'Us had Wii in stock and they had just bought theirs. On Thursday night after we ate dinner and were watching an episode of House Hunters, we began to think about what we should do on our one free night... our "date night." I said I thought we should take a field trip to Toys'R'Us to which Nathan replied " I was just thinking that like 2 minutes ago" Our fate was decided... or the fate of the wii... i'm not sure which. So we did conform and bought a wii this past week. It has been very fun despite the sore arms and shoulders from bowling and tennis. I've even stepped outside my comfort zone and played baseball!

Yesterday, we played a few rounds of golf (the only way that Nathan will ever play gold, I might add) and I discovered I missed my calling in life. I was quite accomplished until the 9th hole where there are 3 different island/cliff things you golf from. That took my score from 0 to + 12 or something like that. All that to say, I still beat Nathan at golfing (currently the only game on wii I can beat him at!). Then last night we joined our friends from church (the ones who notified us of Toys'R'Us's secret wii stock) and we played wii fit with them. Throughout the day I have been noticing different area's on my body that are feeling a little bit sore that weren't before so I suppose that what everyone says is true. I was only on the fit for maybe 10 minutes and it did its job. Its job (combined with a pretty out of shape me) made a very compelling argument for purchasing a fit but we will hold off on that. Maybe we'll go against the traditional 1st year anniversary gift of paper. Or maybe the paper gift will be the receipt from the wii fit? I just don't know but we are really enjoying our wii.

Wii Fit Tip: From what I understand, Wii Fit is about 10 bucks cheaper at costco than anywhere else so if you are in the market... you might look there :)

Over and out for now... Mii (personalized wii character) is calling my name :)

1 comment:

(steve)randLeman said...

come to our house monday night and we got everything you dream of: Wii, cupcakes, leftover costco cake, wii fit, wii sport, guitar hero, super smash brothers, and a plethera of ideal forms of entertainment. if thats not enticing i don't know what is
-(steve)randLeman