Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

There's a Snake in my Boots


On May 18th, 2009 at approximately 7:30 I experienced my first snake sighting in Rosamond. We were driving down the street to our new house to work on taking off some more of the wall paper when all of the sudden I saw something in the road. I continued driving and as I realized what I saw, I slammed on the breaks, threw the car into reverse and screamed at Nathan "There's a snake in the road back there!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He said... "So...?" I was freaking out... and even though it was just a garden snake, I really feel my response was appropriate. I honestly hoped I would never see a snake... but who am I kidding?? I live in the desert.


I promptly told Nathan that if I ever saw a snake in or near our house, I'd pack my bags and leave this wretched place. Snakes are of the devil (he was a snake himself!) and I will not stay if I ever have such an encounter again.

1 comment:

ALWAYS BOARD said...

LOL! Your last sentence or two sounded like something Bill Engvall would say. :)

I have a couple of boy cousins who lived in Vegas & when they were little they would collect rattle snakes, store them in cooking pots on the roof and take them to the corner of the housing division & try to sell them as pets! :)Let's hope you have boys so at least they can enjoy the desert! :)