Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Showered with Blessings

This past Saturday, I was blessed to have my baby shower. To be perfectly honest, I'm not really even sure where to begin posting about this because I was truly blessed beyond what words could even describe. But I will give it a shot. I feel like my shower was a little out of the ordinary in that because Nathan is on staff here at Wayside, my shower was open to all of the ladies at church. That is where the blessing part begins...dear sweet Bethany asked me about planning/hosting my shower. She knew that it would involve planning/hosting for any lady from the church who wanted to attend which made the scale of everything a little bit bigger. More room was needed, more snacks were needed, and overall more organization was needed. Good thing she is the queen of organization :) She gathered help from many willing hands and the shower was just the most precious time for me. The theme at the shower was ladybugs to go with our Nursery theme. There were ladybugs everywhere, a ladybug cake, black and white and red balloons, super cute signs, ladybug themed table decorations etc. Everything was so absolutely cute I felt like it was impossible to capture all of the moments! I cannot express how thankful I am to Bethany for spearheading everything as well as all the girls who helped out. There were a good 7 or 8 girls who were all participating in pulling this event off. If that's not enough blessing, there were about 50+ ladies who came and went throughout the time of the shower. It was a drop-in shower so ladies could come and go as they pleased. I was truly showered with many gifts all of which I know will be so helpful. I got many many many cute clothes, several items for bath time, photo albums and frames, and loads and loads of diapers. I think we have enough diapers to get us through the first few months that baby joins the world :)

I am constantly overwhelmed with the love and generosity of our church. It seems as though anytime there is anything going on (good or challenging) someone is there pouring love out on you. Such was the case again at the shower and I don't know how I can truly express how thankful I am to all of these women and their families for everything they have done for us and given us. We are so excited to welcome Baby Fogde into the world whenever she decides to come join us. And we know that she will be showered with love as she gets to meet everyone at church.

The Lord has continued to bless my pregnancy even through the increased discomfort of the last 2 months or so. Everything is still looking great and its just a matter of waiting now until she is ready do come. I'm sure there will be more updates to come as we go to the doctor every week now... and hopefully before too long there will be pictures of Baby Fogde!!


This was the first of many faces of extreme excitement and "Oh my goodness... cuteness!"
This little outfit which is for 0-3 months is dying to take the place of what we already picked out to bring baby home from the hospital in... I'm inclined to stick with what we bought for her but this one is so cute it is quickly gaining ground on the other outfit and may just win in the end.




I will post some more pictures of the decorations when I get them. My sister took lots of candids for me, and I'm going to get some more of the decorations from the party planner extraordinaire... Bethany.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Such adorable outfits! Your shower was one of the cutest I've been to. The ladies did a great job. :) just a tip on the hospital outfit... Twice now I have taken outfits that I thought would be the right size, but ended up swimming on both newborns! Just a heads up that you may want to take a Newborn size outfit along with the one you love. You'll be shocked how tiny your baby girl is going to be! :)

The Johnson Family said...

Awwww, Leanna! What a blessing!!! I'm SO glad you and yoru little girl were showered with SO much love! God is SO good, isn't he?? I had been meaning to call to see how your shower was and how you are feeling, but that didn't quite happen yet :( . It sounds like it was a wonderful, memorable, and adorable experience!

And I had to laugh, because I was going to write the same thing your friend Jenni did. The outfit you pick should be newborn or 0 months...you will be shocked at how tiny she will be, even if she is a "bigger" baby. Linnea was swimming in her newborn outfit! BUT, the ladybug outfit is ADORABLE!! I can't wait to meet little Fogditta!!! Make sure Nathan gives us a call when it all starts to happen (Well...I guess I should say please and if possible :))

Love yah girl!