Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

~3 Months~

Here are a few snapshots...Enjoy

She strikes this pose often
Just reading :) Ok maybe not... but very interested in the pictures!!
This is a new bow I got her... I heard I was in big trouble once I decided to venture into the world of bows and its true. I can't wait to make all kinds of bows to put her in!!
So its a little big for her head... but its SO CUTE!!!
More reading :) This is how I get her to stay on her tummy for so long.
I cannot believe how fast the time is going!! (duh Leanna, thats how its going to be the rest of your life!!). But really the time has flown by. I was just thinking the other day, before I know it we will be introducing solid foods to our sweet girl who seems like she just joined us yesterday (cliche, I know :)). It has been so fun to see Makaela develop over the last several months. It seems like everytime I receive an e-mail about what my baby should be doing this month, she has already been doing that for weeks! As I sit here and look in the "what to expect the first year", by 3 months, the "may even be able to..." section reads:
~bear some weight on legs when held upright (been doing that since she was about 3 weeks--no joke)
~reach for an object (has been doing that for a little bit now)
~Keep head level with body when pulled to sitting (been doing that for several weeks)
~Turn in the direction of a voice, particularly mommy's (also several weeks)
say "ah-goo" or similar vowel-consonant combination (she started talking several weeks ago).
It seems like she's been an over-achiever in everything so far! It's like whenever I get to the "may even be able to" section for the current month she is already doing all of those things! We just can't believe it. She is truly the joy of our lives and we are reminded daily of how thankful we are to the Lord for blessing us with her.

In addition to what the book says she should be doing, she will give me anywhere from 20-30 minutes of tummy time. She loves looking at books I put in front of her, or if the blanket is enough to catch her eye, that keeps her occupied too! She sits up on the couch with us with a little help from the creases in the cushions. She squeals at Nathan (and sometimes me) with great excitement--SO CUTE!! And (praise to the Lord Almighty) she periodically will give us a few nights of anywhere from 6-8 hours of sleep! We treasure those nights dearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word the first picture of Makaela reading is hilarious! I love it!! Glad she is willing to do tummy time for so long by herself. Speaking of tummy time, Sarah is screaming right now beside me while she is forced to be tortured on her belly. :)