Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Adventures in Washington

We live in such a fun place! It's not often that when we drive around we don't mention how thankful we are to be here living in this wonderful place!! God has packed this place full of His beautiful creation and we get to enjoy it all the time! How wonderful!!!

A few weeks back, we headed to Seattle for the day. My dearest friend and roommate from college, Emily, was visiting and so we thought it was a great excuse to head to the city for the day. Of course, even after I had talked about it, I still forgot the camera so we don't really have any pictures from the day accept what we got on our phones. But we had a great time! It's so fun to live just a quick ferry ride away--it eliminates the hassle of a car and parking and all that. It doesn't eliminate the tired feet at the end of the day, but its worth it and so much fun!! Makaela had a blast and she even took a nap in her stroller! This was a huge blessing to us and made the whole day much more enjoyable and endurable :)

Last weekend, Nathan, Makaela and I headed up to Sequim to take in the sight of the Dungeness Spit. The weather has been beautiful and we've wanted to take advantage of all the fun and relatively close things to do before we get into the busy fall. It was such a fun and wonderful day!! I found myself basking in the blessings God has showered on me and us. Despite me being completely unworthy of all of these, my God is still so gracious to me and blesses beyond description. What an awesome God I/we serve!!!
Makaela had a great time riding on dada's back in a carrier and checking out the seaweed. She didn't so much enjoy the sand on her hands, but she got used to it eventually--nothing a little brush of the hands wouldn't fix :) Here are a few pictures from our adventure. Tomorrow we're headed to Ocean Shores which I hear is beautiful!!

No comments: