Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How Bella Gets Her Exercise

I know that Makaela has been on center stage, and mostly will continue to be, but I thought I should put something up about Bella. We still love her too :)

She has actually become Destructor Dog since Makaela was born. This is mostly because I'm in bed pretty late into the morning with Makaela, and Nathan leaves for work which doesn't leave much attention for Bella so she finds other ways to occupy herself. Don't get me wrong, she does get attention... its just not usually in the mornings.

Makaela has taken to prefering to be walked to be calmed down. I can no longer just sit on the couch and do it...I guess I was getting too spoiled. Walking is good though because its better than just sitting on the couch, and Bella gets some exercise too. Whenever we walk the circle in our kitchen, Bella is always close behind. She is a little lazy though because if we speed up our walking, she doesn't keep up. She just continues to walk at her very slow pace, but we still get a kick out of her following us every time... without fail.

Also, for some reason, i'm not sure why, Bella is afraid of our kitchen dish towels. I should take this opportunity to note what a skiddish dog bella is... she actually often seems to resemble cat-like manorisms rather than dog ones. She will rub up against our feet arching her back... she uses her paws to try and grab our feet when we play with her, much like a cat with a ball of yarn...and the likes. Today we helped bella get some exercise by taking her outside with the dreaded dish towel. All Nathan had to do was wave it in the air and she would run laps around our backyard. By the time I got the camera... she had already been running for a while and was pretty tired out. I'm having trouble getting the video to upload, but I will keep trying. For now, hopefully the story is funny enough and hopefully I will get the video up before too long. Who said you have to take your dog on a walk to get them exercise? :)

1 comment:

Nathan S Board said...

that is Hilarious! Thanks for that.