Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sweet Norelle Renee

Finally--4 months later, the baby post!! :) So, this post I will give a quick recap of birth-4 months :) Ready, Set, GO!

So, Thursday, April 12, we (the Larsens and us) arrive at a burger joint (Noah's Ark) for dinner. We were taking them to dinner to "thank" them for watching Makaela for us a few weeks prior while we went to Sequim for a weekend. We walk into the place, 6:15, check out the Menu board for about 30 seconds, and I had a brief feeling of incontinence :) This, however, was not the case as the feeling continued and I knew I was still capable of controlling my bladder. Yes, indeed, my water had broken. Naturally, I said, "guys, either my water just broke, or I lost complete control of my bladder" So, out the door we went--with NO dinner...WHAT was I thinking?!?!?!?!? I knew I was going into an unknown period of time where I wouldn't be able to eat. Of Course I should have gotten dinner, but the craziness and stress of the moment overwhelmed me and eating was not what was at the forefront of my mind :) Back home we went to get our bag (which thankfully was packed) and transfer Makaela to the Larsen's car to be delivered to the wonderful Fergusons :) Nathan and I headed up to the hospital, about 25 minutes, and we arrived shortly after 7pm. I spend the majority of the ride home as well as the ride to the hospital laughing, which, did not help the case of the broken bag of waters--to say the least :)

After checking in at the hospital, we were taken to triage room #1. A nurse kindly said, "Alright, what do we have going on." Mind you, triage is where you are usually sent if you come in having some contractions, but aren't sure if you're in labor. In these rooms, they typically monitor you for a little while before either admitting you to a delivery room, or sending you home to continue laboring at home. Anyway, back to the question "what do we have going on". As I looked down at my pants, I said something to the likes of "well, I'm pretty sure my water broke..." and before I could finish, the surprised and somewhat shocked nurse promptly took us to a delivery room to get set :) By the time I got into the bed, and all hooked up to monitors and such, it was probably close to 8. I was starting to get hungry, but thinking about dinner wasn't an option as the contractions started coming, and coming quickly!! Al and Sue Ferguson paid Nathan a visit with some dinner, and I chatted with Sue for a little bit. This was probably around 9:30 or so and through the course of our conversation, it got harder and harder for me to talk through contractions. Around 10, I tried laboring in the tub for about 25 minutes. When that was up, between getting from the tub back to my bed I had to stop 3-4 times to breathe through contractions. I got back into the bed probably around 10:45 or so, and by this point had contractions coming about every minute and a half. Nathan coached me through the contractions as they intensified. I don't have really have any clue what point I asked Nathan to have the nurse come in to check me, but I'd imagine it was somewhere around 11:30. I was feeling a 'new' pain and I didn't know if it was intensified contractions or if it was time to start pushing. The nurse came in, checked me real fast during the seemingly 30 second break between contractions and said I could start pushing and they would page the doctor. I pushed once and then heard "Ok, there's the head so if you could try to 'slow down'... (I actually didn't hear the rest because that was such a ridiculous thing to say ;))". All I know is that the rest went really fast because at 11:36 Nathan had texted our family saying I was pushing, and at 11:38, we had our sweet 7 pound 8 ounce Norelle. By the way, the doctor didn't make it in time :)

So, things went pretty quickly and "textbook" and now we have a 4 1/2 month old baby!! Time is flying!! She's moved out of newborn clothes faster than Makaela did, and weighed in a whole 2 pounds 4 ounces heavier at her 4 month appointment than Makaela did. She's still hanging out around the 25th percentile, but she is a "chunker" and we love it!! She lights up when she sees us walk into a room, and she's already trying to keep up with Makaela. She's rocking on all 4's so she may be crawling soon. She's all smiles and LOVES to watch Makaela's every move :) I'm looking forward to the friendship they will develop as they grow up together :)

We have been far less diligent about taking pictures of Norelle, but here are some of what we do have. I will try to be better about capturing her fun moments to share :)

shockwave
-flash" src="https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="288" height="192" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&hl=en_US&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&feed=https%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Ffogdefamily%2Falbumid%2F5779612456421387009%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26authkey%3DGv1sRgCLKTvt-ylIm22gE%26hl%3Den_US" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

No comments: