Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 was our first Thanksgiving "on our own". I cooked a Turkey, and we did the whole she-bang with some good friends of ours, the Larsens. We had so much fun!!  I tried doing a makeshift "deep pit" cooking the turkey in the oven for about 24 hours. That worked out great, except the oven turned off sometime in the middle of the night. But all turned out fine, and the turkey was done in plenty of time for dinner--actually a little on the dry side, but definitely not bad for my first one!! While there were only 4 of us (5 if we include Makaela, but her "portions" don't really count toward the meal) we did turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle (a Board, and now Fogde family favorite), ambrosia, croissants, gravy...I mean we really did it up!! As expected, we had TONS of leftovers, but we had great fun prepping the meal and hanging out! After dinner, we headed to the Larsen's Parents for dessert--and thank goodness for another chocolate lover there, there was some chocolate dessert :) I've gotta say, Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday FOR DESSERTS...pumpkin or pecan pie doesn't really tickle my fancy. I am a daughter after my mother's own heart and will take a chocolate dessert over those without even thinking about it!! So I had some delicious brownies, and some kind of chocolate peanut butter pie. Those are the kinds of thanksgiving desserts I'm talkin' about! :) Anyway, here are a few pictures. Ironically enough, there aren't any pictures with the 5 of us, but I'm sure you'll get the idea anyway :) Happy Thanksgiving (just 9 months late, or 3 months early for the next one!!)

No comments: