Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Monopoly

I'm so behind on my posting. Life just seems so unrelenting right now. Let's see... Thanksgiving break was nice although it went by too fast. Before I knew it, I was back in my 1st grade class room dreading the next 3 weeks. But, I am almost over the halfway point, and am looking forward very much to Christmas Break.

Thanksgiving Day was so relaxing. Nathan and I spent the day with his Mom and Step Dad. The food was great, and the weather was so nice. It was great to just relax. As Nathan and I were at our apartment just hanging out after being with family, we decided to play a game. Its usually just the 2 of us, so we try to figure out some way to play our board games with just 2. For quite some time now, Nathan has wanted to play Monopoly. My last experience in Monopoly was MANY years ago with my family. My brother Nathan made the game drag on forever and ever and ever. Finally, we were all so fed up with it that I think we just stopped playing. I haven't played since then... but Nathan my husband has been wanting to play. So I finally gave in and told him I'd play. Bad idea :) The game lasted about 2 1/2 hours (at least). I don't know how you make Monopoly last that long with only 2 people but where there is a will... there is a way. To make a long drawn out story short, I finally said "NO MORE!" when I had to mortgage all my houses, and properties; the bank didn't have enough money to pay me for those things; and I didn't have enough money to pay Nathan for his multi-million dollar hotels on practically all his properties. He had nearly every last dollar that the game has. It was the most unfun game of monopoly i've ever played. So I'm very unthankful for monopoly, but I am very thankful for my husband. :)

No comments: